Valentine’s Day is only a couple of days away so it’s the perfect time for this MESS FREE sensory craft for your little one. This project couldn’t be any easier and it’s a good craft for ANY age, seriously. The possibilities are endless and there are literally a thousand ways to do this craft. This is even a great tummy time activity for younger babies. An added bonus is that it also makes a great gift for family members! Ready to create your own? Let’s get started!
- Foam Hearts (I got mine at Walmart but you could also cut any shape from cardstock)
- Acrylic Paint from any craft store
- Gallon Ziploc Bags
That’s it! So easy, right?! And I bet you already have most of these supplies at home!
- Insert your heart into the plastic bag.
- Squeeze a few drops of paint into the bag on top of the heart.
- Be sure to seal the bag tightly and remove as much air as possible.
- Tape the bag down to the high chair or floor.
- Let your baby squish and hit the bag. Have fun with this part and encourage your baby to mix colors and explore their creativity.
- Once complete, remove the heart from the bag and lay flat to dry.
This project couldn’t be any easier and the fact that it’s mess-free makes it even better. Plus, I love that she was able to do this craft on her own without much help from me. It’s also super quick, making it perfect for babies or toddlers with a short attention span.
Here is her finished heart. I love how the colors mixed and created an ombre look. Let me know if you try this craft with your little ones. Also, feel free to tag me on Instagram and I will repost my favorites on my story. Happy Crafting!